Monday, May 14, 2012

11 Year Old Card

Hi
I'm back with a very quick card that I made for my son's friend's birthday.


For my main layer I embossed it with my Argyle impression plate and then die cut the number 11 from it. I adhered some Sugar Plum paper behind the numbers and then layered this on some Pure Poppy cardstock and onto a white card base. I stamped my sentiment from Birthday Basics in Ripe Avocado ink and then cut the strip into a banner. Finally I sewed on some Pure Poppy buttons to either end. The main layer was then popped up on foam tape.


Back soon with more...



Supplies
Stamps: Birthday Basics (PTI)
Cardstock:  Stampers Select White, Pure Poppy, Sugar Plum DP (PTI)
Ink: Ripe Avocado (SU)
Accessories: By The Numbers dies, Argyle impression plate, Pure Poppy buttons (PTI); red thread; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. WOW, this is simply stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Kerry! I love the hint of bright colour behind the die cut numbers. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Kerry! Love the texture of the embossing and the pop of negative colour through the number!
    ps Saw your cute card published in the CS&P gallery. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this card very much, Kerry. I love the punch of color peeking through the negative space, and the embossing. The card is so balanced. Love it!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete